Carry You//Well, I'm back from my Thanksgiving break. Let me tell you about it. Lexi and I went to Platte last Wednesday evening and she got to meet my parents. That went well and I was glad. They really liked her. Thursday was Thanksgiving and my grandparents and an aunt and uncle and a couple cousins were over and it was a great time. Friday night, Lexi, Liz, KyLee, Kendra, and I went up to Mitchell to watch the movie
"Just Friends." It was pretty funny. That's really all that was accomplished during the break. I spent something like 98% of my break with Lexi, watching movies, playing pool, or just hanging out. It was really really great. You know how you're around someone for any period of time and they start to get on your nerves? This didn't happen with her and I. I'm really glad about that.
A Funeral With Wedding Vows//So, it came to be early Sunday and it was time to head back. We loaded up in the car and began our journey.

Yeah. I didn't see it coming either. It's just my luck that the worst winter storm South Dakota has had in years decided to hit right when I needed to make a cross-state drive. Needless to say, once we started seeing vehicles hit the ditches (as well as us sliding around) we decided to go back to Platte. We didn't get very far anyways. The storm began as freezing rain (giving me one of the most frightening driving experiences of my life) on Sunday. By Monday it was full-on blizzard with tons of blowing snow. No leaving then. Tuesday was a little better but the roads were still undriveable. Stuck another day. Wednesday morning became our window of opportunity. The roads still sucked and after a while it was snowing a lot, making it a little tough to see. We took it slow and safe and I managed to get us back to Aberdeen. I still feel bad about being stuck those extra days. I didn't miss much but Lexi had things going on and even though she said it was fine, I know it frustrated her that we couldn't get back. It's nothing for me to worry about now; we're back and everything is fine.
Can't Lose//Tonight was Rory and Amy's senior recital. It was very nice; they did a great job. That Rory Behrens never ceases to amaze me. Lexi was also in it; she sang a song with Amy. That's the first time I've really heard her sing. She did a really good job. I was very proud of her. She worried about it a lot during vacation so I'm extra glad it went well.
Current Music: Wheaton Calling by Burning Airlines
4 comments:
Wow,
I'm glad that you guys finally made it back to NSU safely. Luckily, I headed back to Spearfish on Saturday afternoon and missed the blizzard. Just wanted to let you know that I had a really good time going to the movie with you. Lexie seems very nice and fun to be around and most importantly to me, I can tell how happy she makes you.
Eliot you are so happy now and I'm so glad and it makes me happy evn though I'm sick and delerious and freezing cold with the heat up to 72!
Like I said, delerious...
Eliot you are so happy now and I'm so glad and it makes me happy evn though I'm sick and delerious and freezing cold with the heat up to 72!
Like I said, delerious...
And it posted twice =(
Post a Comment