Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Rush

Within A Room Somewhere//Once again, I haven't been keeping up with my blogging. So, let me get right to a brief recap of some of the things that I've been up to. First off, it's finals week at Northern as well as in universities around the nation. However, I had my Art History final last Friday. I didn't know. I came in sat down and looked around the room. "Boy, I wonder if we're going to review today?" I thought. It was strange that nobody had any notebooks or anything on their desks. "That's gonna make it hard to take notes," I think to myself. A classmate leans over and asks, "Eliot, are you ready for the final?" Heck no, I say. I've got a week to get ready for that. I mean the teacher said the final was on Friday. I assumed he meant Friday of FINALS WEEK. Y'know, when we have our finals? Wrong. Suddinly, a test is placed on my desk. I about cried. I hadn't studied or anything. So, I started working and to my relief I started to recall quite a bit and feel like I did well on it. Not how I wanted to go into it, but I think it's gonna work out.

The Phrase That Pays//On Sunday was the Choir Christmas concert. Lexi, Bill, Josh, and Rory were in it, so I went. (Despite their best efforts, I will not join choir) It was really cool and the songs sounded great. After the concert, we got word that Lexi's grandfather went to the hospital. I'm not going to go into detail about it on here because it's their business. I'm pretty sure everything's going to be fine, though. However, the whole ordeal was kinda rough for Lexi and I stayed with her through the whole thing. I'm certainly no substitute for a parent when something like this happens, but I did the best I could and I think it helped.

Current Music: Dance, Dance Christa Paffgen by Anberlin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, man, I know the confusion on taking a final unexpectedly. Hope you did well...and good luck on the rest of your finals!